Position: Director of Quality & Governance
Location: Remote - Home based with a requirement to travel UK wide
Cera is a digital-first healthcare-at-home company delivering care, nursing, telehealth and repeat prescription services in people's homes via technology. In under five years, Cera has expanded to 10,000+ staff across the UK and Germany, delivering 40,000+ healthcare visits a day, and has grown from zero to nearly $300M revenues. Every day, Cera delivers healthcare services equivalent to 40 hospitals or 1,000 care homes, and has grown 100-fold over the past two years making it one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe.
Cera currently holds more than 160+ partnerships with the NHS and local authorities, and the company's technology is used by 2,000+ businesses nationwide. It's technology predicts health deteriorations in patients 30-fold faster than traditional care companies, with its Professional Carers and Nurses responding to over 5,000 'high risk' alerts each day.
Since the outset of the COVID-19 pandemic, Cera has delivered 10 million healthcare visits in people's homes, created 10,000 jobs, and licensed it's recruitment technology to the UK Government Department of Health to recruit 50,000+ people into healthcare careers.
We are seeking an individual with exceptionally strong experience within a Quality role in the Social Care sector.
- Ensuring smooth operations of the whole Quality and Health & Safety team.
- Strategic Management, mapping future processes and implementation.
- Ensuring the standards are kept at a high whilst Cera are growing and scaling.
- Ability to be a forward thinker, a creative problem solver, and an innovator.
- Passionate about technology, and utilising it to shape the future of Healthcare at Home.
- Excellent organisational skills, with emphasis on priorities and goal setting.
- Superior presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical to Company Directors and Stakeholders, in a clear and concise manner.
- Health & Social Care Qualification Level 4 or 5 (or equivalent) - Desirable
- Degree in Health & Social Care - Desirable
- Quality role experience within Health & Social Care - Essential
- Knowledge of CQC/CIW/CIS - Essential
- Great Career development opportunities with a fast-growing Company.
- Hardworking team looking to utilise Technology to improve Home Care in the UK.
You'll have access to:
- Training and development for your role and future Career with Cera
- Lifeworks discount platform and Employee Assistance Programme
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Mobile phone and other required tech
- Company pension scheme
Life at Cera
We champion diversity, inclusion and well-being to create a workplace where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you're from. Where individuality is a source of confidence, because difference makes the world a better place. People from cultural or gender diverse backgrounds, women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Our team is made up of academics, innovators, start-up accelerators and care experts, all connected by a vision to build a better future for care through the combination of best-in-class carers, empowered by technology.
You have the opportunity to join a purpose-driven company at the tipping point of transformation. You'll play a key part in the evolution of Cera and make a real impact, now and in the future.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at Cera shift to remote working. We are currently introducing a hybrid working model for specific roles. This is something we will continually review in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations. Ultimately we trust our colleagues to get the work done wherever suits them best, let us know your preferred way of working.