Position: Care Manager
Reporting to: Registered Manager
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
Cera's vision is to empower people to live their best lives, in their own home, through the use of technology, professional care and support. Joining Cera, you are contributing to making this vision a reality. The work you do promotes the dignity, respect, independence and choice of our service users, enabling you to make a real difference.
We are changing the way people receive care by empowering our professional carers with insight and improved decision making. Our technology is enabling carers to do what they do best, care.
We are looking for a passionate Care Manager to become an ambassador for Cera and an extension of our family. You will deputise for the function of the Registered Manager during their absence, while at all times supporting the decisions made by Registered Manager to manage the service in accordance with standards agreed with Registered Manager, Cera, legislative requirements, relevant regulations and in line with accepted best practice, and within the financial plans agreed from time-to-time with the Regional Director
- Understand human rights and the impact on care delivery
- Create and uphold a professional, open, positive and inclusive Registered culture where everyone is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their culture, religion, age, race, sexual orientation, gender persuasion or disability.
- Lead a culture where people 'speak up' about concerns and act upon them.
- Communicate the aims and objectives of the service in an open, accurate and straightforward way using appropriate professional language.
- Champion person-centred care and demonstrate treating people as individuals, respecting their decisions and choices.
- Commit to Improving outcomes for people who use and work for the service
- Promote independence and encourage appropriate risk taking
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all individuals you support.
- Plan, develop, implement and assess approaches to promote health and well-being, whilst recognising and reporting situations where there might be a need for protection
- Induct and orientate new employees to the job role and service, adapting your approach according to the individual and their level of experience working within care.
- Ensure Health & Safety policies and procedures are adhered to all times and issues addressed to provide a safe environment.
Background and Experience:
- Previous experience as a Care Manager/Deputy Manager
- Knowledge of rota planning, ensuring adequate staff on duty with the correct skill mix and fair allocation of off duty/annual leave
- Experience of working with Service Users who have additional support needs
- Experience conducting Client Introductory visits
- Experience constructing Care Plans
- Ideally NVQ/SVQ 3 qualified
- Registered with the SSSC (Scotland applicants)
- Great career development opportunity with a fast-growing company with ambition.
- Hardworking team looking to build something to change Care in the UK.
- Competitive salary. On-call included in the salary
You'll have access to:
- Training and development for your role and future Career with Cera
- Lifeworks discount platform and Employee Assistance Programme
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Mobile phone and other required tech
- Company pension scheme
Cera promotes a carer-first approach. Our frontline staff are the most important part of the Cera family. You will join a visionary organisation on the tipping point of transformation and have the opportunity to form part of our larger mission to change the face of social care. Your branch will be equipped with innovative software and you will have the opportunity to lean on our wider organisation for the most progressive and personable operational support.
Our app proactively tracks and monitors the health of our customers, enabling families and medical professionals to have visibility of changes in health and well being status. Using AI to predict potential health concerns, we're able to help our customers avoid unnecessary hospital visits, whilst protecting vital NHS resources.
We champion diversity, inclusion and well-being to create a workplace where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you're from. Where individuality is a source of confidence, because difference makes the world a better place. People from cultural or gender diverse backgrounds, women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.