Role: Area Manager
Reporting to: Regional Director
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent.
Cera's vision is to empower people to live their best lives, in their own home, through the use of technology, professional care and support. Joining Cera, you are contributing to making this vision a reality. The work you do promotes the dignity, respect, independence and choice of our service users, enabling you to make a real difference.
We are changing the way people receive care by empowering our professional carers with insight and improved decision making. Our technology is enabling carers to do what they do best, care.
You will support the Regional Director to deliver the service in accordance with standards agreed by Cera, legislative requirements, relevant regulations and in line with accepted best practice, and within the financial plans agreed from time-to-time with the Regional Director, deputising for the function of the Regional Director during their absence, while at all times supporting the decisions made by Regional Director.
Responsible for successfully leading day to day operations across a set portfolio of branches as outlined by your line manager. Leading on the implementation of Cera's Growth, Quality and People agendas - you will ensure that all branches within the region meet agreed quarterly and annual targets.
Specifically you will also lead on the development and execution of Cera's company wide Compliance and Quality agenda - working with colleagues within Cera's Compliance & Quality and Learning & Development teams - you will develop and mobilise new and innovative ways to ensure Cera maintains compliance across all care operational areas, whilst identifying ways to improve quality and experience for those who work for and use our services.
- Strong knowledge and adherence to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014.
- Strive for quality in everything you do recognising and understanding what quality in care means for people using the service.
- Ensure appropriate services are provided for individual service users.
- Attend reviews and amend service packages as appropriate.
- Take responsibility for the efficient and effective day-to-day management of the human resources involved in providing care through the staff team and ensuring that the required standards are maintained.
- Ensure accurate, legible, up to date records are kept.
- Ensure all Professional Carers receive formal supervision and appraisals.
- Oversee the implementation and adherence of Cera policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and Cera requirements on all reportable areas within the service provision.
- Own responsibility for the development of the staff rota to comply with requirements in terms of numbers and skill mix whilst adhering to a conducive home/work life balance
- Maintain the operations of Cera at the standard agreed with the Branch Manager, Regional Director and Quality & Compliance team, within the financial budget or other parameters set.
- NVQ/SVQ Level 4/5 or equivalent
- Registered with SSSC (Scotland applicants)
- Previous experience in a similar role within Domiciliary Care
- Car driver, with access to own transport for business purposes
- Great Career development opportunities with a fast-growing Company.
- Hardworking team looking to utilise Technology to improve Home Care in the UK.
- Competitive salary.
You'll have access to:
- Training and development for your role and future Career with Cera
- Lifeworks discount platform and Employee Assistance Programme
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Mobile phone and other required tech
- Company pension scheme
What's it like to be part of the Cera Team?
Our team is made up of academics, innovators, start-up accelerators and care experts, all connected by a vision to build a better future for care through the combination of best-in-class carers, empowered by technology.
You have the opportunity to join a purpose-driven company at the tipping point of transformation. You'll play a key part in the evolution of Cera and make a real impact, now and in the future.
We champion diversity, inclusion and well-being to create a workplace where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you're from. Where individuality is a source of confidence, because difference makes the world a better place. People from cultural or gender diverse backgrounds, women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.